Manufacturers of tablet computers now offer customers to choose the most diverse products, which mostly uses the OS as Android and iOS.
Rarely can find solutions based on Windows RT or a desktop system from Microsoft, as well as a small percentage of devices with BlackBerry OS and almost rarity webOS.
But the options with the version of Ubuntu for mobile devices that seem curiously enough, no doubt, have the chance to find a category of buyers, still under development.
However, the creators adapted to smartphones and tablets Ubuntu Linux expect to see the first production models of such models on the shelves and in the hands of users by the end of this year or early next.
Recently it became known that the tablet UT One, developed jointly by firms Demski Group, Mastermind Hardware and Logistics, has all chances to become the first machine with Ubuntu Touch, which will come with the operating system “on board”.
With regard to the technical characteristics of the expected trends, the model should get:
- 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1280 × 800 pixels;
- quad-core processor on the platform Intel Bay Trail – Atom Z3735D;
- 2 GB of RAM;
- 16 GB on the internal flash drive;
- slot for memory cards format microSD;
- rear and front camera 2 MP, each;
- battery with a capacity of 7900 mAh (8 hours of battery life);
- total weight of 635 grams and a thickness of about 1 cm.
Post renders of your mobile device, though clearly demonstrate how it will look on Ubuntu Touch tablet, but have nothing to do with the real model UT One.
Specialists working on the creation of a pioneering tablet, expect to begin selling their offspring by December this year.
At the same time on the web so far no real photos or images that would demonstrate exactly UT One.