Canon continues to produce a series of compact cameras Powershot. Each time, the company’s specialists are trying to extend the functionality of fresh models. So SX700 HS already boasts a 30x zoom lens. Other features are not disappoint. Native resolution is 16 megapixels, present interface WiFi.
Camera can not boast of ultra slim, many model series Powershot. Put in a 30-fold optics does not work. Nevertheless, the camera is placed in the pocket of the normal size. In addition, more stocky body positively affect the usability of retention.
This also contributes to a little liberated from the body handle for right hand. It has a rubber band. Under it on the bottom of the case has a battery cover. There is, as always, is a memory card slot. The camera interface is unified with the other models. Controls consist of five buttons on the back panel and joystick.
Here is the mode dial and shooting. At the upper end mounted power button, shutter key, combined with the zoom lever and the button to activate the video. On the left edge there is a niche for, retractable inside, built-in flash.
Display at the SX700 HS liquid crystal, with a diagonal of 3 inches and a resolution of 922,000 pixels. He has a good viewing angle and excellent brightness, which is enough even for use under the sun. There is a possibility of adjustment. The touchscreen interface is missing.
It seems that fashion is to use multi-touch anywhere already passed. Convenient to use a conventional joystick and touch gloves. Touch interface really only wins when entering a password WiFi, but for a single procedure, it is not critical. But what really missing is a separate Quick Menu button or programmable hot keys.
Package includes, besides the camera itself, only the battery charger, strap, and a paper manual. Software can be downloaded from the official website of Canon. The company provides year limited warranty.
Technical characteristics of Canon Powershot SX700 HS
- CMOS-sensor with backlight type 1/2.3, 6.1 megapixels
- Processor – DIGIC 6 using technology iSAPS
- 30x optical zoom
- Focal length – 4,5-135,0 mm (equivalent range of 35mm film: 25-750 mm)
- Aperture – f/3.2 – f/6.9
- System intelligent optical stabilization
- Focus – TTL, AiAF (with Face Detection / 9-point), 1-point AF (fixed center)
- AF Modes – Single, Continuous, AF / AE, Tracking AF, manual mode
- Minimum shooting distance in macro mode – 10 mm
- Sensitivity ISO – Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Shutter Speed Range – 1-1/3200 with
- Display – 7.5 cm (3,0 “) PureColor II G (TFT). Approx. 922,000 points. Adjustable brightness (5 levels)
- Burst – 3.1 frames / sec (until memory card)
- High speed continuous shooting – 8.5 frames / sec, up to 4 frame
- Videography – (Full HD) 1920 x 1080, 60 kadrov/s/30kadrov/s, (HD) 1280 x 720, 30 frames / s, (L) 640 x 480, 30 frames / s
- Speed shooting for slow motion (L) 640 x 480, 120 frames / s, (M) 320 x 240, 240 frames / s
- Miniature Effect (HD, L) 6 frames / sec, 3 frames / s, 1.5 frames / s
- Videography Hybrid Auto (HD) at 30 frames / s
- Videography iFrame (Full HD) at 30 frames / s
- Format – JPEG
- Video format – MP4
- Memory Card – SD , SDHC, SDXC
- Interfaces – Hi-Speed USB, microHDMI, Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
- Battery – Lithium-ion NB-6LH
- Endurance – 250 frames per usual, and 360 frames eco-regime
- Price: $350 [easyazon_cta add_to_cart=”default” align=”none” asin=”B00I58M26Y” cloaking=”default” height=”28″ key=”small-orange” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”gadgethelp-20″ width=”120″]
Camera switched on less than a second. To obtain acceptable images in good light does not have to fiddle with the settings, the automatic mode works very well. red-eye effect is absent or very poorly expressed. Creativity to a small set of color filters.
Choosing basic modes is carried out by turning the adjusting disk, but to adjust the white balance and ISO will enter the menu. Optic not disappoint – even at the highest magnification enough luminosity and clarity. Last achieved through an effective system of optical stabilization. It even allows you to do without a tripod.
When shooting in low light conditions the picture is slightly worse. at ISO over 800 popping noise and a noticeable loss of sharpness. During the evening shoot camera automatically exposed ISO 1600 quality photos and fell even more.
Autofocus works well on the whole, but its speed is not enough for fast moving objects. If you turn it in burst mode will not make more than one frame per second.
Quality Movie higher than previous models Powershot. Built-in stereo provides good sound, while not recording the sounds of the camera itself.
SX700 HS has a good autonomy. In normal mode, a single charge will last for 250 shots and in eco-mode, which often puts the device into standby mode by as much as 360 shots.
Implementing WiFi still lags behind Sony and Samsung in terms of convenience. You can transfer the captured materials on smartphones and tablets, share them on social networks, and also remotely control the camera. There is support for the use of GPS-smartphone data to create geotagging photos, but it works not always correct.
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00INCGD58″ cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”gadgethelp-20″]Pros
– excellent photo quality in good light
– a very good video
– powerful optics
– mediocre results in low light, noise at high values ISO
Average price of SX700 HS is $350. For the money the user will receive a pocket camera with powerful optics and very good characteristics of photos and videos in good light. This will be enough for shooting outdoors and portraits, but for anything more sensitivity is not enough.